Reasons to dive with Scapa Scuba:
- All PADI courses are taught in small groups, often one on one.
- Scapa Scuba teaches the confined water sessions in the sea, not swimming pools. Dive in a Drysuit from the start and your transition from confined to open water diving is minimised.
- World Class Dive Sites! The great location of Scapa Scuba allows for wreck diving each and every dive.
- Academic sessions are taught just 15 metres from our confined water training site!
- Young, friendly and professional staff all committed to doing a job they love.
Scapa Scuba offers the full range of PADI 'core' courses:
- PADI ‘try a dive’ half day course - Discover Scuba Diving with Scapa Scuba and experience the thrill of shipwreck diving on your first ever dive! No experience necessary! For everyone age 10 years and older making it a perfect family fun day out!
- PADI Open Water Diver Course –Learn to dive! What Orkney and Scapa Scuba can offer over and above makes our Open Water course something very special.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course - Imagine doing your first ever deep dive on a German Warship sunk in 1919!!! Amazing! This is one of the many reasons why the PADI Advanced Open Water course is a very popular and exciting course to do here in Scapa Flow.
- PADI Rescue Diver Course & Emergency First Response - The PADI Rescue Diver course is challenging – but very very rewarding. At the end, most say it’s the best course they have ever taken! Develop the knowledge and skills to manage diver accident situations, render first aid and effectively perform diver assists and rescues.
- PADI Divemaster Internship - Offered by means of a 12 week internship with Scapa Scuba, whilst working as part of the team, this Professional level course will transform you into a leadership level diver.
- PADI Wreck Diver Course – where else but Scapa Flow! Scapa Flow boasts some of the easiest and best Wreck Diving in the world, why do the course anywhere else! If you want to learn the skills and techniques required to get more from wreck diving, then this is the course for you.
- PADI Deep Diver Course – Do you want to see the big 12” guns on the Battleship Kronprinz Wilhelm which lie on the sea bed at 38m? Then you need to do your PADI Deep Diver Speciality course! By doing the PADI Deep Diver Speciality course you are increasing your AOW limit from 30m to 40m – this in turn literally does open up a whole new ‘Scapa Battleship’ world to you.
- PADI Dry Suit Course - The majority of divers coming to Scapa Scuba have never dived in a dry suit - let alone in water temperatures under 20°C! Stay warm and dry, with excellent advice and tuition from the staff at Scapa Scuba you can master the art of dry suit diving in no time! The PADI Dry suit speciality course acts as your passport to the wrecks in Scapa Flow!
- PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Course - Increase your bottom time in Scapa with the Nitrox speciality course – dive that bit longer to get the best of the wrecks. Popular either as a ‘stand alone’ course or bolted onto any number of other courses/guided dives.
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Course - Solid buoyancy control is at the core of good diving. Become a better diver by working on balance and control in water. A course run in the shallow waters that is particularly popular with anyone new to dry suit diving.